POET, SINGER, SONGWRITER & STORYTELLER
Ziba Shirazi is an Iranian‐American poet, singer, songwriter and storyteller. As a poet and music artist, she is best known for her poignant songs and storytelling through poetry. Ziba’s compositions blend together flavors of Persian melodies with world music and jazz. In 1985, Ziba left Iran for the United States, where despite many difficulties she single‐handedly produced and promoted seven albums. Referred to as the ‘Voice of Women’ in the Iranian community, Ziba’s lyrics are colored by passionate feminist tones, love, compassion and universal human stories.
In 2009, Ziba created Story & Song, a lyrical storytelling performance, set to live music with video projections featuring stories of Iranian immigrants and their struggles since the Islamic Revolution. This project, which was also the subject of Ziba’s Master’s thesis in Performance and Communication at California State University in Los Angeles, has been performed across the US and Canada.
Another one of Ziba’s lifetime dreams was achieved in spring of 2014, when she staged her first musical production, Spring Love, at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Through her new ongoing projects, Story & Song featuring stories of Iranian immigrants, and Spring Love, a musical love story, Ziba continues to touch audience’s heart, crossing cultural gaps with her unique art of storytelling.
- Musical Performances
- Concert with Full Jazz Orchestra
- Solo Performance for Intimate Settings
- Storytelling for Various Occasions
- Personal Life Stories: Give me one hour of your time, and I’ll invite you to see yourself performed
- Wedding Officiant: Creating a unique ceremony incorporating your stories, needs, and traditions.
- Family Stories: Celebrating the life of your loved one while they are still able to participate
- Memorial Services: Honoring the memory of a deceased loved one through a unique, well-told life story
- Storytelling Workshops: Helping you to write your own story
- Story & Song: Story & Song weaves into one tapestry individual tales on Iranian immigrants who left their county after the Islamic Revolution and scattered throughout the world.
Reach out to say hello OR inquire about my services